Our fresh fruit suppliers InterFruit are getting ready for summer with the introduction of seasonal fruit and vegetables. We cannot wait to get some of these yummy fresh ingredients onto our plates!
Their May produce update has certainly got our taste buds tingling. Take a look for yourself –
- English Strawberries are starting to trickle into the markets, flavour is good for this time of year, just need a few more weeks.
- Lovely English Rhubarb, we have now finished with forced and moved to outdoor grown.
- English cold store Russet and Braeburn apples still available.
- It won’t be long now before we start seeing Elderflowers which are a great addition to any menu.
VEGETABLES, SALADS AND POTATOES
- Jersey mids – Indoor finished now using outdoor.
- Wye Valley asparagus – Tastes amazing!
- Salads – Hopefully in a few more weeks if the weather keeps up we should be getting great English salads coming through.
- Peppers and Iceberg – good quality.
- Wild Garlic has started to come good now, hopefully with more settled weather we should have a good season.